If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

...I wouldn't make Cindy Sheehan camp outside my ranch in the stifling heat. I'd invite her in, give her a glass of cool lemonade, hug her and tell her how sorry I am that her son, Casey, died in Iraq in a war that I stupidly led the country into on false pretenses, and I'd promise to do everything in my power to bring the rest of the soldiers home as soon as possible. The war on terror is one thing, I'd finally say to her in total honestly, and it's obvious now that Iraq had nothing to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home