If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

...I would smack myself for lying again about not having to raise taxes to pay for Katrina. Voters like to hear that "no taxes" bullcrap, but everyone knows that taxes are REQUIRED to run a government. And running a government into the grossest and most uncalled-for debt in U.S. history is no way to run a country. Taxes would HAVE to be part of the rebuilding plan, and it should start with revoking the tax cuts that I championed earlier. Heck, rich people should pony up to rebuild their own country. And looking back on it, those tax cuts were a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home