If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Monday, October 22, 2007

...if portions of my country were burning to a crisp from wildfires or drying up because of severe drought, or even still trying to recover from a hurriance that hit more than a year ago, or being choked to death on air pollution or crowded because of poor planning, or using up perfectly good cornfields for housing developments and blacktop, I would certainly say something. Anything. Start talking about how important it is for little kiddies to study science and weather and statistics and global patterns and energy alternatives and energy consumption and greenhouse gases and responsible land planning/land use and mportant stuff, you know, about how people can continue to live on this green earth? Before it dries up or burns away or gets so crowded it's just not healthy or fun anymore?? Wouldn't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home