If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

...I think I would look around and start choosing a whole new Cabinet to go with my new Supreme Court. My ideal Cabinet? Richard Clarke would be back in charge of Homeland Security. Jon Stewart would be Chief of Staff, Maureen Dowd would be press secretary and Bill Clinton would be ambassador to the UN. I think Thomas Friedman or that guy from Newsweek would be an excellent Secretary of State, and Paul Krugman would be Secretary of the Treasury. I'd like someone like Joceyln Elders back as U.S. Surgeon General, someone who's not afraid to speak the truth. My friend Ken Peterson would make a great Attorney General, and for secretary of Education, I'd co-nominate my sisters, both public school teachers with almost 60 years of experience between them. Let ANYONE take them on...I dare ya! And any person who supports intelligent design theory or trickle-down economics or abstinence-only sex education would be given the boot immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home