If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

...I wouldn't wait for the Supreme Court to have to rule on whether certain practices or issues are illegal or immoral. First, I'd assume that most of the folks on my White House staff were competent and moral enough to figure out a lot of things for themselves, stuff like whether you can hold prisoners without chargse for years at a time in tropical prisons on a foreign-nation islands, or whether it violates the Constitution to snoop through people's phone records, bank records, health records and who-knows-what-else-they're snooping through because it takes a diligent press to find out. Or whether it's OK to torture soldiers in custody. A lot of that stuff is pretty common sense, because if you violate the accepted rules, you don't look very good to the rest of the world, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home