If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Sunday, March 09, 2008

....I'd remind one female candidate for the Presidency that "experience" is as much about where you came from, how and who you were born, how you fit in (or don't fit in with "establishment" folks) and what kind of people you've grown up with as it is about holding privileged positions in the nation's capitol. And I'm guessing the experiences were a whole lot more real on the South Side of Chicago than they were in Evanston, you know?

Lord knows we've had our fill in the last 8 years of privileged, Ivy League kids whose parents made everything easy for them.

I'm saying it here: VOTE FOR OBAMA. There rest of the world is watching, too. That's perhaps the most important thing of all. Well, that, AND ending this stupid war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home