If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Monday, October 10, 2005

...I'd think seriously about the timing of the "terror alerts" that my government would issue. I'd at least make sure they were plausible, credible reports of possible terror, and more than that, I'd try to issue them so that it didn't always look like I was trying to do the old "look over there!" routine to distract attention from bad news elsewhere in my government. Like if a hurricane had just hit and my government did a terrible job responding to it, or if I'd just appointed a Supreme Court nominee that even the people who were SUPPOSED to be my friends detested, I wouldn't go issuing a terror alert in hopes of distracting their attention. Pretty soon, people will start to figure out that kind of stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home