If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Friday, September 30, 2005

...I would politely tell the good people of Ketchikan, Alaska, that even though they want a $200 million (with a m) bridge built to get to their airport, and even though their Congressman wormed the project into the federal budget, they're just going to have to give it back to help rebuild the levees around New Orleans. Sometimes, things just boil down to numbers: Ketchikan has 14,500 residents and probably fewer cars. The economic contributions of New Orleans simply trump in this equation. As Jimmy Carter once said, "Life isn't fair..." and guess, what? He was right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home