If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Thursday, September 22, 2005

...I'd try not to be so obvious about cronyism/political payoffs when nominating people to take major positions in my administration. Like, I wouldn't appointment a 36-year-old pretty inexperienced woman, who also happens to be the niece of my soon-to-retire Joint Chiefs of Staff head and the newlywed of my Homeland Security Director's chief of staff, to head up the all-important customs and immigration office. I think I'd really look for someone who has experience in, oh I don't know, let's say, customs and immigration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home