If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

...I would go gung-ho on a national energy plan that's not easily dismantled (in a matter of hours!) by hurricanes and storms and tribal warfare in Iraq. I'd get people excited about solar energy again, and wind-powered turbines like the ones that gracefully dot the landscape in the Netherlands, and straw-bale houses and energy-efficient water pumps like they have in Germany and all sorts of energy-efficient engines. It's about time we quit sucking on the oil teat and put your brains to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home