If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Thursday, April 17, 2008

....I'd remind people of all the cool stuff we could be investing in if we weren't paying THREE TRILLION DOLLARS for a war that'll never be "won."

Don't believe it? Go see what you could buy for 3 Trillion Dollars.

Personally, I'd start with some train networks that criss-cross the country and then some new sewage treatment plants and some water treatment plants, and new schools for lots of kids, and some real help for New Orleans, and the best health care possible for anyone who's served in the U.S. military, especially those who've served in Iraq or Afghanistan in the last 5 years. Free health care for them for the rest of their lives, just like the Congress folks get, you know. Fair is fair. Then maybe some oil independence on the side. And solar collectors for every house south of about the Mason Dixon line. And that's just on the first day.

What did YOU buy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home