If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Saturday, October 15, 2005

...I'd encourage the Iraqi people, as they vote on their constitution, to make sure they set up a National Park System in Iraq first thing. The only way to serve the future, seems to me, is to honor the past, and if the Tigris and Euphrates really is the birthplace of civilization, seems to me the Iraqis have lots more than most countries on earth. Besides, creating and nurturing parks is far better than detonating bombs and blowing stuff up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home