If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Monday, October 17, 2005

...I'd announce today that American troops will start coming home from Iraq today. The Iraqis have voted on a constitution, and no matter what their decision, it's obvious they're not going to give up civil unrest or thousands of years of tribal grievances overnight. And the presence of American troops is risky to the troops and to the stability of that country. Today. Start bringing them home today, that's my executive order. And let the guys in Ramadi and Fallujah be first on the planes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home