If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Sunday, September 07, 2008


......I would make sure my nominee for Vice President did not come highly imbued with elements of white trashiness. (A certain recent candidate's choice inspired visions of a double wide on the White House lawn, with a few snowmobiles on cement blocks behind it)....


I would make sure my VP candidate actually has some grasp, even a teeny tiny one, of what the VP actually does (besides, of course, starting/waging wars, acting like Darth Vader, and tossing down a few before shooting old white guys in the face).

I would insist that my candidate not lie.

I would probably suggest that in a sense of fairness to her (I'm talking about you now, Ms. Palin) other uniquely named children (Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, Trig), Ms. Palin and her soon-to-be-teen-age-mommy-daughter Bristol name their child-grandchild appropriately as well, linked to an equally relevant highlight, place or life event at that moment in time. I'm suggesting Trojan. Or perhaps Lambskin. Or Norinyl. Or Yasmin.

And I have to ask: Wasn't Dubya sold to us as just a "regular guy" and an "accomplished governor." Do we really want that AGAIN? Whole helluva lot of good it did us last time around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home