If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Saturday, September 20, 2008


....before I would bail out ANY failing company with federal tax dollars, I would first insist on a few ground rules. To wit:

Every CEO and C-level executive must reduce his/her salary to either 1.) minimum-wage OR the 2.) average of all middle-managers' salaries in that company. And no raises except for the average raise that everyone else in the company gets for that previous calendar year.

ELimination of all perks. No corporate jets. No sales meetings in exotic places. No executive lunchrooms, washrooms lunches, dinners, two-martini anythings. No company cars, no company housing allowances.

No bonuses.

No compensation packages.

No frills of any kind for anyone. If the lowest-level employee doesn't get the perk, no one gets the perk.

Then and ONLY then will the federal government even CONSIDER rescuing your company.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger rooster peabody said...

Yes!.. it's quite enough.
Hear hear, Yue, for all of the below and above. i'll leave it at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home