If I Lived At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

...I would try to act and talk Presidential, not stupid and vapid. And I'd talk about how to make the world better, not more fearful or intolerant. I'd tell the truth instead of lies. I'd offer ideas on how to fix economies, health care shortages, global warming, public schools, divisive thinking and other stuff that's pretty important, too. I'd show that I have a heart AND a brain. In fact....

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

...I'd ask the Federal Elections Commission to ask all candidates for all future offices (federal, state and local) to use recyclable paper or old grocery bags for their campaign signs. Plastic signs are a waste of money and they're using up valuable oil reserves (maybe the rising price of oil will make them too expensive without federal invention!). Besides, they're ugly. If people want to put up a sign for a candidate in their yard, tell them to use a Magic Marker and an old paper grocery bag. Then recycle it when the elections are over. And if it rains and disintegrates, go make another. Simple as pie, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home